Saturday, July 25, 2009

A REGULAR VANDAL-A!

THE GUEST NO ONE INVITES AGAIN IS:

* A LAZY DAISY
* A LEM-ME GIRL
* A PLAIN JANE


THAT CAMERA she's toting on a tippy-canoe ride: It's expensive; it belongs to her hostess. Like the swim suit she's wearing -- and the tennis racket she'll use later. Don't be a lem-me girl ("lend me" this or that). When visiting, bring your own sports props; why inconvenience your friends -- or risk being dubbed a vandal? Dodge calendar-time risks, too. You get safety you trust with Kotex, for this extra absorbent napkin gives protection that doesn't fail! -- From an ad in Movie Life magazine, 1954.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite aspect about these particular posts is that you never see the Kotex angle coming...although I suppose I will if you do enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sanitary napkins ads were always masterpieces of creative denial. Don't get me started on the "Modess, because..." campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! My chuckle for the morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete